Monday 5 May 2014

MATS Part A Gift Market - Lush Pouch

This week, the MATS assignment is to design a full lush pouch for the gift market.  We are free to choose our own color palette to create a 9.5" x 7" pouch.  Ideally the design should reveal our collected treasures.  Well, I am not a person collecting things except books.  I do have the full range of Oliver Jeffers' childrens' picture books.  There are pictures from other authors including Aaron Becker's Journey and Emma Levey's Hattie Peck, both authors/illustrators have their debut launch last year and this year.  Books.  What can I do to merge them into my design?!  I just cannot show these books' covers to make up my pouch (copyright infringement).

Okay, as I cannot use the books for my design, I have decided to combine many elements of Spring.  Instead of creating a bright and noisy art, I use retro colors.  It looks not bad at all!  In addition to the pouch, I have also created two journals, a pen and a eraser/rubber.  I wanted to include more but due to time limit, I will do that later.

Lush Pouch - SPRING (tribute to Madame Andrée Putman, "The Queen of the Checkerboard")

The pouch design and other stationery items.


No comments:

Post a Comment