Friday 16 May 2014

MATS Bootcamp May Assignment: Editorial

The Assignment of this month's Bootcamp is to create an editorial illustration themed "How to Meditate: A Primer for People Who Don't Like to Meditate".

Okay, the faces and people I doodled last week for the Mini appear to be ... irrelevant.  I have to come up with new faces in new & different poses.

I have never come across Meditation.  Why some people like it?  Why some not?  In fact, I have no idea of what meditation is.  Is it simply about concentrating ones mind with or without any body movement for some time, with a controlled breathing rythm?  Is it a sport?  What's good about it?

There must be some benefits for practicing meditation, otherwise why there are people sitting there for 30 mins or longer, not moving, not talking, not thinking ... if it does no good?

Will find out more.

Before I have a better concept about meditation, I do not know what to sketch now for the assignment. 

Today is the birthday of a good friend.  I sort of twist the idea of meditation to a concept to make a Birthday Card for her.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, FRANKI!
 
Sketch with details

Initial sketched line art without details


Details make the difference





This one ... any feel of meditation?

With a twist, I turn it into a Birthday Card for a good friend.



No comments:

Post a Comment