Thursday 12 June 2014

Family portrait

Recently I have been commissioned to draw a portrait for a family. My client is from Italy and she has found me from Instagram and connected with me via Facebook. She wants a family portrait in my style. She has given me full freehand. Haha, I hope she will not regret it!

I think it will be rather boring if it is just a normal family portrait - Dad and Mom holding the kids in their arms and stare into the front (like looking at the camera for a photoshooting) ... Cheers! No, no, I don't like it (well, I did not ask my client if she dislikes it too). In my first attempt, I have decided to convert this lovely family into a Monster Family (yes, my client may start to regret at this point). All dressed up like dinosaur- or crocodile- look monsters. This is the first concept. I will come up with one to two more, so my client can choose (yes, it is important to have choices. I personally hate to be given no choice).

A lovely family has become a monster family! :-)
 
Just shared the draft with my client. I am happy that she likes it (no, she did not kill me). This is encouraging indeed. I am brainstorming other crazy ideas for the other options to present to her.

What would you create for this lovely family: a loving couple, and their 3yo girl and 1yo boy?

No comments:

Post a Comment