Saturday 22 March 2014

MATS Bootcamp March assignment: Jelly Fabric

Jelly is the theme. Fabric is the product. In March's MATS Bootcamp, the big assignment is to design a jelly-themed fabric.

I plan to arrange my icons into a tossed print pattern so that the fabric can be rotated in any direction. It will certainly be more fun and carefree, and the fabric can be cut in any direction to minimize waste. I am still scratching my head as to how to layout my icons of jelly and his little friends such as ice-creams, cream, dessert spoons, cats and dogs ... etc. After all, it is gonna be a Happy Jelly Party.

Meanwhile, I just play around my icons (their placement and colours). I plan to design a tossed pattern for submission but just make up a trial piece now to see how it will look like if it is a one-way block repeat. Hey, not bad!

The focus print

The fabric in one-way block repeat

No comments:

Post a Comment